Tuesday, March 20, 2012

COMICS _ The Gathering #8

(COVER ART by John M. Coker)


GrayHaven Comics (visit their recently revamped websiteis a comic company specializing in up and coming creators looking to get published. THE GATHERING is GHC’s ongoing self-published anthology with each issue organized around a specific theme or genre. I met this crew as a member of the JINXWORLD message boards and I'm continually impressed with their diligence and talent and simply for just doing it.


I contribute when I can (Issues 1 & 4) and it was very cool to return with the Sci-Fi issue in a collaboration with writers TM Haley and renowned STAR WARS author John Jackson Miller. In John's words, our short "Immune" is "a silent-movie style story of a world not quite right."




Without dialogue, I needed to be especially clear in my "acting" and panel-to-panel storytelling. I also used the opportunity to experiment with an open line style complimented with halftones to help recall 50s sci-fi. The cover by John M. Coker does a great job of evoking the mod cool side of sci-fi, looking back to look forward.


You can pick up the issue HERE


And here's a "Not Quite 20 Questions" interview I did with GrayHaven back in Nov 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment