Monday, August 1, 2011

BLUE'S CLUES _ Back in Blue



Now that I'm at the tail-end of FEEDING GROUND, I was cleaning out some files and came across my folder of art from one of my first jobs: Lead Digital Designer on Nickelodeon's BLUE'S CLUES.


I'm very proud to have been a part of that show and a process that included an almost entirely self-contained animation production line in Midtown Manhattan.  That crew essentially pushed the use of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects to the degree that future versions of both programs accommodated the needs of our process.


Essentially, an in-house team of artists would sculpt and craft objects that they would photograph and import into Photoshop.  Those art elements were then adjusted and assembled by the Digital Design team to create the backgrounds and characters of the show who were then animated by the Animation Department one row over.  For me, nothing beats working with friends and creative peers on a project and seeing the results evolve exponentially across each department.


Cheers to BLUE'S CLUES and everyone that touched it.


(The Blue's Clues staff makes a guest appearance in this shot.  Can you spot me?
The shot itself was composed by Kelly O'Brien - lower right)

(A collection of some of my favorite elements that I worked on for the show)


Below are a few Illustrations I did for BLUE'S CLUES and BLUE'S ROOM for various Nickelodeon publications.






No comments:

Post a Comment